Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Once the Record Lock Plug is removed, can the recording be tampered with?
Answer: No. The only way the recording can be erased is by re-installing the record lock plug, and depressing the recessed erase button.
Q: If I go over the time recording will it erase everything on the cross?
Answer: No. Once you get to the end of the 30 minute mark you will hear 2 beeps and recording will stop
Q: If the batteries run down or the Cross stops working, will the recordings be affected?
Answer: No. The voice recording is protected no matter what the batteries do, but we recommend you change the batteries every year to protect the Cross from potential battery leakage.
Q: If I need help with the Voice After Life, what do I do?
Answer: For Warranty or Satisfaction Guarantee returns, please call our Customer Service Department
Q: What is the Warranty and Guarantee period on the Voice After Life Cross
The Voice After Life Cross is covered by a 30 day full satisfaction Guaranty.
If you wish to return the Cross for any reason, you can send it back within 30 days.
Additionally, the Cross has a 90 day Warranty.
We will repair or replace any Cross found to be defective.
This Warranty does not cover misuse, abuse or obvious
damage not related to factory defects in materials or workmanship.
Please Note: Warranty does not include batteries.
The Voice After Life Cross
BATTERY INSTALLATION: (2 AA Batteries Included)
- On the bottom of the cross, push in the battery compartment clip and remove the cover. Install the 2 AA batteries (Included) in the compartment as shown in the drawing.
- Replace the battery cover.
Note: We recommend that you replace the batteries every year to ensure that the possibility of a leaking battery does not damage the Cross
1) The built-in Microphone is located on the back of the Cross to the left of the red Record Button. Speak in a normal voice, about one foot away from the Microphone. You may record a message of up to 30 minutes. You may want to prepare a written message in advance, or you can make the message completely candid and spontaneous. It’s up to you and the recording circumstances
2) You may start and stop as many times as you need within the 30 minute recording time. When the 30 minutes is over the Cross will beep 2 times, signaling the end of available recording time.
3) Once your recording is complete, you can remove (pull out) the black plug located to the left of the Record Button and Microphone. Your recording is now permanent.
4) It is advisable to make a back-up recording to your computer or other device. By it’s intent, messages recorded on the Voice After Life Cross are typically of high sentimental value. Backup is critical in the event of loss or destruction of the Cross.
1) Reminder: Maximum recording time is 30 minutes.
2) Turn the cross over. On the back and you will find the red Record Button. To record, push the red button once and release, you will hear a single beep tone. You can now record. When you want to stop the recording, push the red button again once. You will hear 2 beep tones. Recording is disabled.
3) You can start and stop the recording as many times as you want to within the 30 minutes of total recording time.
HOW TO SAVE THE RECORDING:
1) After you are done recording a message, or have filled the 30 minutes of time, you can play back the recording by turning the cross to the front and pressing the button on the right side of the cross, under the right cross member.
2) On the back of the cross you will see a black jumper plug to the left of the record button. If you are satisfied with your recording, pull out this plug and the recording is saved. It can only be over-written if the black plug is replaced. Keep the black jumper plug, as you will need it if you want to re-record or add to the saved recording.
3) If you want to change or erase the recording: replace the black jumper plug and push in the recessed erase button using a small tool or unfolded paperclip. NOTE: The entire contents of the recording memory will be erased. You can now record new messages.
A feature of The Voice After Life Recording Cross is the interchangeable center decorative inserts.
These can be changed at any time, or not used at all. Notice that the center disc is spring loaded
and will push in to accept inserts.
To install or change an insert:
1) Orient the insert the way you want it to appear. This does not need to be accurate because the insert can be rotated
2) Simply push the insert into the opening as the disc retracts inward. Push firmly until insert base is flush with the Cross surface. You may rotate the insert back and forth slightly as you push, if this helps to seat the insert.
3) To remove an insert simply pull straight out away from the Cross.
Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
1)This device may not cause harmful interference, and
2) This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
This Product has a patent pending and is Trademarked
Voice after life
Inc. 5165 Broadway St., Depew, NY 14043-4012
Designed by Voice After Life, Inc. in Buffalo New York
Made in China
© 2015 The Voice After Life. All Rights Reserved.